Summer’s arrived, and I hate it. I know hate is a strong word, but Me + Sun = Very Bad. Who knew that I, who was born in the height of summer, would be such a hot mess (literally — I’m too hot, and I’m a mess). My skin itches, my thighs rub and my insomnia soars. Yet there’s no better time than now, my idealistic disposition (honestly not sure how that works with depression, but we’re still going strong!!) forces me to make the most of this season. While I am a firm believer in trips to the beach being the bestest thing you can do in summer, I want to do more. Here goes, another completely self-absorbed list of things I’m excited for… eh? Leggo!
- Get My Covid-19 Vaccination. Yeahhh, buddy! It’s going to happen, my first appointment is for June 30th.
- Many Trips To The Beach. Living near the seaside is the best and I plan to make the most of it, while evading the city-dwellers from far and beyond (I know I’m a hypocrite, but crowded beaches suck).
- Celebrate My Birthday Too Many Times. I never like being in the centre of attention, but I am big on celebrations. Being an introvert and having introvert friends means I’ll just celebrate multiple times. I won’t complain.
- Go to Den Bosch & Have Dinner at Shiro. My flatmate wanted to celebrate her birthday in January with us (my other flatmate and me) at Shiro in Den Bosch (a nice Japanese restaurant) — now that things are reopening we gots to go.
- Hot. Air. Balloon. Ride. Yah, I’ve had this on my “bucket list” for years now. It’s time.
- Marshmallows (roasted by the fire). Because… yes.
- Pokemon Weekend. It has started to become a annual thing, my high school friend and I take off the whole weekend and we play the Pokemon Go event until our eyes bleed, I guess. We’re intense.
- Many Picnics (preferably at the park). Because there’s nothing like eating outside (and having to carry your food all the way there yet still liking it?).
- BBQ. Obvs.
Obviously, I would love to wear many sundresses, get a tan and live my best life. But who am I kidding, I don’t tan. Though sundresses and living my best life, sure I can work on that. If any of you know of cute hats that fit big heads, or how to combat sun allergy — hit me up.
Have a lovely summer folks, x