We got there in the end, we managed to make it to December folks! I feel like every month I just quickly state how weird the month was, and how quickly it passed, for the last… I don’t know, 9 months?
But that’s probably true, because, well… 2020 was a ride, wasn’t it? I won’t bore you with the bad, here’s what I feel grateful for.
- Getting through 2020 more or less unscathed (not sure if mentally I’ve gotten better and more resilient — or not?).
- Walks. I know this is not just this month and has been absolutely great all year, but this month especially I re-found my fondness for them. Especially during the hours of dusk, or just after dinner when the streets have gotten emptier.
- Christmas decorations being put up early. With this I mostly mean the lights, ever since daylight savings/wintertime it’s gotten really dark out and it’s nice and cosy now that they’re there.
- Edith Whiskers.
- Rewatching ‘The Master’s Sun’ with my flatmate: So Ji-Sub is made for that role, my my my.
- Working on my brother’ and sister in-law’s firstborn’s birth card (never knew what geboortekaartje was in English, whoa).
- Talking to my sister. I used to live with her, for about a year I believe? I’m still not sure how we never got into a fight then, seeing how we were always bickering at each other when younger. It’s been nice talking to her on the phone more often this month.
- Hyping people (and myself) up for a very chill, non-capitalistic Christmas. I’ve gotten a bit of a reputation with my love for Christmas, and I’m finding that people aren’t as excited as I am — which, of course, is all great because to each their own (!!!). But it’s nice to share that no-expectations-everything-is-alright-kinda pre-Christmas-vibe with them.
- Putting up my Christmas tree with a good playlist in the background.
As with the previous years, I’m very into the tradition of sending Christmas cards. Please send me a message, anywhere you like, if you’re also into that. Would love to send you one! :) x