Would you say you’ re an optimist or a pessimist, generally? Do you think things happen to you, or that you are making them happen? And are you OK with thinking that way? Or are you constantly second-guessing and overthinking?
April & May were solid months of lockdown. A time of trying to normalise the absurd — and weirdly enough succeeding too. I feel like in April and May I just let it all happen. Whether that’s a good or a bad thing, I don’t know. But it did help with coping. While the world was on fire, my own life seemingly got a bit better. Getting a promotion, finding a new apartment, finally getting to around to finalising a design project that dragged on for too long. I’m still a bit worried about celebrating these (tiny) victories, self limiting beliefs are a bummer.
Things I am grateful for:
- Sunny days.
- My family and their impeccable taste in food.
- Animal Crossing, still.
- My flatmates (also, still!), we probably see too much of each other but we’re making it work and I think it deserves more praise.
- Second-hand shops opening again, just in time to squeeze in some bargain-hunting for the move in July.
- 90s classics ‘When Harry Met Sally’ and ‘You’ve Got Mail’.
- Marie. For keeping me sane.
Take care, x