A list of things I’m grateful for this January:
- Not too harsh weather.
- Watching Award-Season contenders (i.e. really great movies like Jojo Rabbit and Parasite).
- Compiling a list of things to do and achieve in the next decade with my flatmates/friends.
- Already crossing something off the aforementioned list.
- Learning that some roses can bloom in winter.
- Getting carried away and already reading a fifth of my reading challenge this year.
- Starting a new baking challenge, and feeling motivated by the cheers of my friends.
- Walks outside, alone, with my dad or with a friend, and feeling the cold.
- Getting to know co-workers differently and sharing little hidden gems of music or literature with them.
- Doing a photo-shoot for someone, and starting with building a portfolio of portraits.
- Getting nice comments on my first post in a long time (thank you!).
- Borrowing a picture book from my mother.
- Visiting one of my favourite Dutch museums, the Mauritshuis.
- Spotting early spring flowers on the last day of January.
- Celebrating a birthday, of a great friend, and making cake with them.
If you have a moment, click on Avercamp’s painting and feast your eyes.
Have a good February, folks! x