As the new decade started, and the world seems to be entering complete chaos I’m still wondering what to do with this space. Completely self-centred. And who am I kidding, haven’t we always been living in a state of chaos?
I’d like to look back on the past decade the way I previously would look back on a month. Just for old times’ sake, and maybe a little inspiration for myself. Of course I’m cheating my way out of it, as the things I’ve listed may not actually been made in the past 10 years — but they shaped my past 10 years in one way or another. I call them the most watched/best as I’m not sure what to call them. Here goes nothing!
The most watched/best movies of the last decade
- Train to Busan
- The Garden of Words
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
- Knives Out
- The Darjeeling Limited
The most read/best books of the last decade.
- Around the World in Eighty Days, by Jules Verne
- Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor E. Frankl
- The Story of Art, by E.H. Gombrich
- Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman, by Haruki Murakami
- And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie
The most played/best songs of the last decade.
- Nantes, by Beirut
- That’s Some Dream, by Good Old War
- I Spy, by Mikhael Paskalev
- Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown), by The Beatles
- To You Alone, by Tom Rosenthal
Honorary mentions of the last decade.
- Over The Garden Wall (TV mini-series)
- A Gentleman’s Dignity (Korean Drama)
- Stardew Valley (Nintendo Switch game)
- Mei and the Kittenbus (Studio Ghibli short)
- Watermelon (Song by Tom Rosenthal, video by Tom Rosenthal & Sidd Khajuria)
About this space, I think I’ll keep in on! Still for my own personal recollection and keeping myself accountable for exploring my interests. Even though I am terrified by the thought of people reading this (I know, why publish this online then?), sometimes it’s good to keep putting yourself outside your comfort zone. And where else would I be able to share my shenanigans of my new new years resolution? Which, by the by, is making 12 pasta’s. I mean, who said resolutions can’t be fun?