It’s been a while, hasn’t it? Audrey reminded me of the joy of blogging with one of her latest blogs about babysteps. The urge to want to share things, but at the same time holding everything in because it is terrifying to put things out there, waiting for certain comments to be made again – mostly offline. Or, maybe the most apparent one: the fear of reading in back later on and feeling like I have failed myself.
Yet I want to try, I’m reclaiming blogging for myself here. So here’s is a little list of recent personal feats (in life) & recent favourites (mostly online). Mostly as a little reminder it’s not all doom and gloom and allowing myself to celebrate the small victories.
- I’ve booked a holiday. A full week off. And it’s starting tomorrow. I am both terrified and beyond excited for this trip.
- I started journaling again. Actual-pen-on-paper-writing-things-down-and-clearing-some-of-the-contents-of-my-brain-journaling.
- I started a bread challenge at the start of this year, wanting to bake 50 breads — and kinda trailed off after 10 weeks, but I’ve made a comeback and the actual feat here is not being too disappointed with myself for failing that number 50, as it will probably be around 20-30 by the end of this year.
- I’ve been working at the same company for 6 months now, and I’m not planning on leaving any time soon. As I’ve been called out once for being a serial job-hopper… this is a feat.
- Fleabag. The British comedy-drama written and starring Phoebe Waller Bridge (who is also a writer on the new Bond movie!?) was a feast for my soul. It was depressing, and sad… but I thoroughly admired the rawness/realness (?) of it. I mean, it was f’ed up, and I’m excited for that second season coming soon.
- Neo Yokio. I’ve been late to the party probably as it’s been on Netflix for quite some time now. Apparently there’s tons of backlash on it, but I love the music, I love the references and the irony of it all.
- Down With Love. I stumbled upon this movie completely by accident and even thought it’s a 2000’s romcom, it took me by surprise!? Did not expect its twists and turns, even though one usually can predict all the drama from the first meet cute. This was nice.
- Kishi Bashi’s new album. Ok, this one is dropping soon (end of May). But the couple of songs that were released were super lovely: marigolds was its latest.
There’s so much I want to share, but there’s a time and place for everything right? Until soon, folks! x