The lovely and talented Kimberley (Kimi) from the quiet lion has ‘given’ me the Liebster Award. A nice initiative to discover unknown little treasures on the interwebs.
The rules are as following:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people (who have less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs.
11 things about me:
1. I have no idea what to tell people when I get these sorts of awards. I always wonder what people would want to know about me.
2. My favourite author ever has to be Haruki Murakami, I especially like his short stories.
3. I have a very sensitive nose, I kind of smell everything… which can be really annoying.
4. My favorite TV shows are Community and Sherlock. And I’m an avid BBC detectives / Agatha Christie viewer (Poirot, Miss Marple).
5. I used to be very active, ballet, gymnastics, cycling… but all I ever do now is pilates. Something that auto-correct considers wrongly spelled.
6. I am a massive fan of Audrey Hepburn and of Studio Ghibli. Those are the only DVDs I really ‘collect’.
7. I love the smell of coffee, but I dislike the taste of it. Therefore I usually drink white (pai mu tan) or green tea.
8. My fears are ranging from big spiders, to my student loan, to failure and to clowns. I guess those things do actually keep me awake at night.
9. I still watch cartoons on TV if I got the time (think Spongebob), I always loved shows like ‘As Told By Ginger’ and ‘Hey Arnold!’.
10. I think happiness is a choice and a state of mind. I also am a firm believer in God and in positive thinking.
11. I’m busy trying to pursue my dreams, but I’m still figuring out what my dreams are. I often make things hard for myself because I think too much.
The questions from Kimberly:
1. what is your middle name?
Trudy, don’t laugh. It’s after my grandmother.
2. if you were an animal, what would you be?
Maybe a owl or an elephant, I think their ‘traits’ suit my personality…a bit. And I think those are really awesome too.
3. what is your favourite movie?
Though one, probably Breakfast at Tiffany’s or Yellow Submarine.
4. do you have any siblings?
Yes, I have an older brother and sister. My brother studies to be a doctor, and my sister is into international relations / politics etc. They’re both quite ambitious which sets my bar high (which I know is ridiculous, but that’s how I feel).
5. what is the reason behind your blog name?
00:23am is what my alarm clock showed me when I decided to continue blogging. I guess it’s actually that easy… and maybe some philosophical stuff like insomnia, thinking to much, the role time place in my life, etc. I’m not too sure yet.
6. what is your least favourite food?
White asparagus…and spicy food. I eat pretty much everything else.
7. if you were a superhero, what would your secret powers be?
De-smelling this stinky world, for sure. Or I will be like the ghost of Christmas present, that would be lovely.
8. what is your favourite genre of music?
I can’t really put it into one genre I think, I like indie, classical and jazz music most though.
9. if you were to write a biography, what would the book title be called?
The girl who sneezed. Something ridiculous probably, or maybe it would just be my name. I’m far too good at coming up with corny catch phrases.
10. how are you feeling today?
Stressed out and content. I feel like going on a long walk right now.
11. what is your biggest dream that you hope to achieve?
To be any years from now and honestly say that I’m happy.
My questions for those I nominate:
1. What book do you consider has changed your way of thinking?
2. What’s your favourite day of the year?
3. Where would you like to be in 5 years?
4. Who or what is your biggest inspiration?
5. On your list of things you want to have, but cannot buy, what is on number 1?
6. What is your favourite era in history?
7. Name your all-time favourite Christmas song, and tell me why.
8. What do you like for breakfast?
9. What has been the best memory of this year so far for you?
10. What would you do if you just won the lottery and won a massive amount of money?
11. What always makes you happy?
My nominated blogs:
S. Louise: adventures from an awesome girl from South Korea with great ideas and inspiration.
This is Xixia: a darling blog full of inspiration, food and fashion.
My Unpredictable: one of my favorite blogs, her photography is wonderful and clean and nice.
Farrah’s Muse: a cute lifestyle blog of a girl in NYC (food photgraphy, heck yes!)
Whimxy: I love what she has going on there, pretty clothes, mouthwatering food and fun photography.
Your Pocket Full Of Sunshine: part inspiration and part happiness. Very cute blog.
Little Henry Lee: It surprised me she hasn’t hit the 200 followers count on blogger. Her photography is just simply epic. As is her style.
These are at least 7 blogs I would like people to know about. Make sure to check them out. (As you need to check out Kimi’s blog). – And now I’ve been procrastinating again it’s time for me to go studying again.